1. Does Mission Quest accept anyone that applies?
No, Mission Quest requests that the missionary holds the same believes that MQ holds and expresses in the statement of faith, failing in accepting ALL the articles of statement of faith and living/teaching against one of them will prevent the person/family from joining our organization. Also, the missionary has to agree on the financial and spiritual accountability statement that MQ provides. Applying to Mission Quest does not guarantee acceptance.
2. If I joined Mission Quest, will I be treated as an employee?
No. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) consider missionaries as Independent Contractors. To read more about Independent Contractors, please visit the Independent Contractor’s page in the IRS website HERE. Please notice that according to the regulations of the IRS, Mission Quest can only process donations for people with a valid American Social Security Number (SSN) and have a bank account within the US. Mission Quest provides its missionaries with 1099-MISC form by the end of each calendar year.
3. What kind of charges will the missionary be responsible for?
We always try to keep our fees as low as possible, without lowering the quality of our services. Below is a list of the fees:
1. Credit Card Transaction: 3% (The rate may change for donations made by International Credit Cards)
2. Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT): 0%
3. Offline donation processing: 0%
4. Monthly access fee for our Donor Management System: 0%
5. Monthly reporting: 0%
6. Monthly ACH deposits: 0%
7. Admin fee: 8%
8. Page updates: 0%
4. Does MQ charge extra for processing e-Checks and ACH?
Nothing. MQ absorbs all the processing fees for ACH and e-Cheks. Saying that, the administration fees will apply on both ACH and e-Check donations.
5. How much should I pay to access the Online Donor Management Software?
Nothing. MQ absorbs the cost of the Online Donor Management Software.
6. Would I be able to use Mission Quest to process my financial support if I have my own website?
Yes, MQ will create a customized giving page created for you with a link directing your donors from your website to your personal page at our website.
7. When will I be able to see my donations?
Our Online Donor Management system will allow you to see all the donations that you have received via Credit Card donations after the transaction is processed. For donations by checks through mail, you will be able to see them online within maximum a week of us receiving the check.
8. Does Mission Quest share my information with any other party?
NO. Your information is safe with us and we do NOT share it with any third party for any reason.
9. How often do missionaries receive their donations?
Missionaries receive their donations on the fifth of each month. Please notice that if the fifth of the month is a holiday or a weekend, the deposit may get delayed slightly.
10. Does Mission Quest train its missionaries?
Mission quest is a serving organization not a sending organization. The means that it does not train, support or send its missionaries. We simply provide them with a dependable home office that provides tax deductible donation processing. Saying that, Mission Quest is willing to help the missionaries to find some good resources and teachers to help them in their ministries.
11. Does Mission Quest support missionaries financially?
No. the work of Mission Quest is to provide logistics not funding. Missionaries are responsible for raising their own support in the way they feel led to. We will ONLY process their donations.
12. In the view of lacking the organizational control over the missionaries, how does Mission Quest discipline them?
When a missionary joins Mission Quest, he or she signs this agreement: “The missionary agrees to the following procedure if in the opinion of Mission Quest it becomes necessary. In the event a question shall arise concerning the legal, moral, doctrinal or financial integrity of the missionary, Mission Quest shall ask for a meeting with the missionary and any of his donors. If any of the financial, legal, moral, doctrinal allegations prove to be true, Mission Quest has the right to stop its partnership with the missionary, delete his/her page on MQ’s website, and stop handling any of his/her donations.”
13. What is the first step to join Mission Quest?
Please feel free to fill out the Missionary Application on our website, and we will be sure to get back with you in one business day.