1. What is a 501(c)(3) organization?
Section 501(c)(3) is the portion of the US Internal Revenue Code that allows for federal tax exemption of nonprofit organizations, specifically those that are considered public charities, private foundations or private operating foundations. It is regulated and administered by the US Department of Treasury through the Internal Revenue Service. There are other 501(c) organizations, indicated by categories 501(c)(1) – 501(c)(28). This discussion will focus on 501(c)(3).
Being “501(c)(3)” means that a particular nonprofit organization has been approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax-exempt, charitable organization. “Charitable” is broadly defined as being established for purposes that are religious, educational, charitable, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering of national or international amateur sports, or prevention of cruelty to animals and children.
2. Will I receive a tax-deductible receipt for my donation via Mission Quest?
Yes, Mission Quest is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and donors receive a receipt via email for all donations.
3. How can I update my Credit Card or bank account information?
To update your Credit Card information, please follow the steps below:
- Go to give.missionquest.org
- Click on the login icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter your credentials.
- Go to Payment Method and update your Credit Card information.
4. How can I view my giving history?
Creating an account after your first donation will help you review your giving history and edit your payment information.
5. What kinds of donations does Mission Quest accept?
Mission Quest offers you a variety of ways to donate to your missionary. Below is a list of these donation methods:
- Credit Card- We accept a variety of Credit Cards including VISA and MasterCard.
- Bank Draft- You can donate directly from your bank account (Read More)
- Checks- You can send your donation in checks (Read More)
- Money Order- Write a money order and mail it to us. Be sure that the money order is addressed to Mission Quest.
If you would like to donate using another method, please contact us for more details. Contact Us
6. Can I send my donation in the mail with a regular check?
Yes. Donations via checks should be addressed to Mission Quest and in the memo line write the fund code of your missionary. Send your checks to:
P.O. Box 4602
Wheaton, IL. 60189
Please do NOT write the name of your missionary but only the fund code. Please review the example below for instructions:
7. Can I get a refund for a donation I made?
No. All the donations made to a missionary or to Mission Quest are final and non-refundable.
8. How can I be sure that Mission Quest is a registered 501(c)3 organization?
You can go to the IRS website (HERE) and search the Tax ID number of Mission Quest (47-4865647). This will show you Mission Quest’s status with the IRS.